Last additions
WVT_0022.jpg
WVT: 0022879 viewsRoyston Hunt crossing Dulais River Nr Tyn-Y-Graig farm, Crynant, 1965
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
WVT_0023.jpg
WVT: 0023772 viewsAlys Evans & Mary Alexander (sisters) at Crynant Carnival, c.1955
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
WVT_0015.jpg
WVT: 0015769 viewsView of Crynant from Top Rock, new council estate under construction at Woodland Rd 1969
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
WVT_0016.jpg
WVT: 0016803 viewsCrynant Motor Cyclist, Peter Allen on a BSA Super Rocket 650cc, May 1965.
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
WVT_0017.jpg
WVT: 0017760 viewsThe Crescent from Top Rock, Crynant, 1969
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
WVT_0018.jpg
WVT: 0018903 viewsCrynant Motor Cyclists, May, 1965
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
WVT_0019.jpg
WVT: 0019908 viewsPowder Magazine building, Llwynon colliery, Crynant, Derek Powell in the foreground, c.2003
Loaned by Wynford Vaughan Thomas
Apr 04, 2007
tn_133_200.jpg
No: 133.200785 viewsDulais Valley Motor Cycle & Light Car Club, motor cycle group, 1972Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_964.jpg
No: 340.9641066 viewsBlaendulais school, Seven Sisters, c.1952
Hi-Res Available
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_587.jpg
No: 340.587718 views'The Buccaneers', competition at Glynneath? c.1945Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_962.jpg
No: 340.9621007 viewsSeven Sisters Bowling Club displaying trophies, at Seven Sisters Officials' Club, c.1950s Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_066.jpg
No: 340.0661014 viewsDown-valley view from Onllwyn No 1 tip.
L-r: Back Row, Adrian Holcombe, A4109, Golwg
y Bryn, Dulais Gardens, Nant Ystalwyn tip,
railway sidings. Dated 1963.
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_068.jpg
No: 340.0681017 viewsCoronation party (Elizabeth II), families from
Gordon Terrace etc, Halfway Inn 'The Slope',
c. 2 June 1953.
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_070.jpg
No: 340.070900 viewsView nne from Onllwyn No 1 tip, Adrian Holcombe,
station, Halfway Inn 'The Slope', Pont y Offeiriad/
Clergyman's bridge (missing?),
Coelbren. Dated 1963
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_071.jpg
No: 340.0711010 viewsView east from Onllwyn No 1 tip, Adrian Holcombe,
colliery buildings & overhead conveyor, pit head
baths, gents urinal, Onllwyn Inn & Welfare Hall,
Wembley Avenue & aerial ropeway tip. 1963
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_060.jpg
No: 340.0601005 viewsL-r: Onllwyn chapel (early), incline? Front &
Back Row, Onllwyn school (early). Date?
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_061.jpg
No: 340.0611028 viewsHalfway Inn 'The Slope' (closed April 1973,
then converted to flats), photo late '60s?
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_062.jpg
No: 340.0621001 viewsHalfway Inn 'The Slope' (closed April 1973,
then converted to flats), photo late '60s?
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_063.jpg
No: 340.063999 viewsView north from aerial ropeway tip, Onllwyn
Welfare hall & Washery, Wembley Avenue,
Coelbren, Cribarth, Carmarthen Fans, Aug 1989
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_064.jpg
No: 340.0641046 viewsL-r: Onllwyn chapel (early), incline? Front &
Back Row, Onllwyn school (early). Date?
Loaned by David Jones
Apr 03, 2007
tn_340_990.jpg
No: 340.990996 viewsMr John Jones of Bryn bedd (Hill of the grave) farm, in Cwm nant hir, Seven Sisters, with sheepdog 'Sharp'. c.1930'sMar 27, 2007
tn_340_990b.jpg
No: 340.990b986 viewsMrs Lloyd of Crynant (originally from Pembroke).
Date unknown
Mar 27, 2007
tn_206_002web.jpg
No: 206.002d745 viewsWoollen Mill, Nant Llech, Coelbren. Buildings & Cottage. 6 March 1993Mar 20, 2007
tn_340_753web.jpg
No: 340.753952 viewsOpening of new infant school, Seven Sisters 1908.Mar 20, 2007
tn_013_RESTORED.jpg
No: 013.0031077 viewsDeacons of Seion chapel, Seven Sisters. Inset photo from illuminated address presented to Francis John George (centre-front) in 1924 for services to the chapel. Donated by Mrs Janice Davies (née George, granddaughter)Mar 20, 2007
tn_340_493.jpg
No: 340.4931006 viewsResidents of Heol Cara Hir, Crynant. Coronation party (Elizabeth II) c. 2 June 1953
Donated by Jeff Price
Hi-Res Available
Mar 16, 2007
tn_340_083.jpg
No: 340.0831007 viewsView of Crynant village from the mountain above Maes Mawr (Craig Boeth) c. 1912
Donated by Chris Lewis
Mar 16, 2007
340_815.jpg
No: 340.8151074 viewsSnow scene (up-valley from nr London House), Main Road, Crynant. 'Fish & Chips' (l), Stanley's general store (r), people in roadway. Winter 1981-82
Donated by Chris Lewis
Mar 16, 2007
265_000.jpg
No: 265.000836 viewsMorgan 'Mock' Phillips at Banwen terminus, Roman Road (note bridge, demolished Sept 1994). Posing against Blue Bus (first regular service up valley) wearing uniform belonging to Richard 'Dick' Harris, proprietor. Date c. 1950? Bus make and model W & G Du Cros
Donated by Chris Lewis
Mar 16, 2007
tn_221_200.jpg
No: 221.200941 viewsMembers of Onllwyn, Seven Sisters Division, St John Ambulance Brigade (inc Dr Thompson). Displaying awards at Neath, 1947. Donated by Mr John Glyn 'Johnnie Glyn' Thomas.Mar 15, 2007
tn_222_000.jpg
No: 222.000991 viewsMembers of Onllwyn, Seven Sisters Division, St John Ambulance Brigade. Presentation of Senior Cadet Certificates at Ambulance hall, Seven Sisters, c. May 1982. L-R: John Glyn Thomas (Division Superintendent), Miss Vicky Sinnett, Miss Lynette Williams, Mrs Mary Partin. Donated by 'Johnnie Glyn' Thomas.Mar 15, 2007
tn_209_301.jpg
No: 209.3011060 viewsOnllwyn lodge NUM, committe & officials with banner at Onllwyn welfare hall, August 1963. By kind permission of Cefn Coed colliery museumMar 15, 2007
tn_215_001.jpg
No: 215.001735 viewsStudio photo. 'Gwyn's mother' (left), 'Gwyn' (right). No family name (possibly Bevan?) or date. Donated by Miss Iris Bevan.Mar 15, 2007
tn_215_002.jpg
No: 215.002767 views'The Big Five, at Porthcawl, Whit Monday, 1936.' Donated by Miss Iris Bevan.Mar 15, 2007
tn_215_003.jpg
No: 215.003767 views'Gwyn's mother.' No other detail. Donated by Miss Iris Bevan.Mar 15, 2007
tn_221_100.jpg
No: 221.100917 viewsMembers of Onllwyn, Seven Sisters Division, St John Ambulance Brigade (inc Dr Thompson). Displaying awards at Neath, 1947. Donated by Mr John Glyn 'Johnnie Glyn' Thomas.Mar 15, 2007
tn_197_000.jpg
No: 197.000969 viewsHauliers ('Haliers') in Old Blaenant colliery yard at Brynawel, 1912 (the 'Crynant Colliery' caption is in error). Reproduced by kind permission of South Wales Miners' LibraryMar 15, 2007
tn_198_000.jpg
No: 198.000889 views'Blaenant New Drift 1975', Crynant. Note keystone with Evans Bevan heart, dated 1875. From NCB photo dated 1976 (entrance was later covered by a conveyor bridge). Reproduced by kind permission of Cefn Coed Colliery Museum.Mar 15, 2007
tn_199_000.jpg
No: 199.000907 viewsBlaenant colliery, early 1980s. Note conveyor bridge connecting drift to colliery surface. 'Evening Post' photo. Reproduced by kind permission of Cefn Coed colliery museum.Mar 15, 2007
tn_209_100.jpg
No: 209.100979 viewsView east from Onllwyn No.1 colliery tip. L-R: washery & brickworks, Wembley Avenue & aerial ropeway tip, Gordon Terrace & welfare hall, Onllwyn inn, pavilion? conveyor to 1st Onllwyn tip. Date c. 1960. By kind permission of Cefn Coed Colliery Museum (from Mair Phillips' collection). Mar 15, 2007
814 files on 21 page(s) 16